Definition of rice

i assume that i pertsonally have the ability to see a car from the outside and be very often capable to jusge if it riced or real performance. good example are those cars with wing, stickers and fart can ( i love that word) but stand on 155/65 R 14 wheels. hello? this car will never ever be tuned and powered up enginewise. it would be waste and the potential tuner knows that.

for the bmw´s, he´s right. look at jimmy´s nightmare page. there aresome really hilarious mods. awefull.

but in general a mazda 626 with wing and chromes hubcaps on wintertires is not fast.

you guys are cracking me up

I think i laughed so hard my side hurts ..[hihi] first off ..its amazing with the horsepower there pulling out of those 4 cylinder
cars doing close to 130 +mph with there big cigar pipes in the back and trick mods everywhere ...and even nitro's to boot ..but the trick is can these car sustain that power with out blowing the dam screws of the heads ..lol [hihi] ..i seen some sweet euro cars
lay it down ..if you can get the respect from the euro drivers ..but
so many spend so much to acheive that high point of performance ..its mind boggling because you cant do 130+ to the grocery store our to work ..with out a cop our highway patrol right up your bumper ..these euro cars rev high ..screaming loud
saying help help ..cracks me up ..also even the car makers noticed ..they were building euros ...just look at the matrix , and honda and acura , even lexus got into the frey with a 30,000 dollar model ...everytime i turned around here comes a souped
up small car ...and some spend there life savings to ..cracks me up ..i almost hit one ..the dam thing was so small i think it was a CRX low to the ground and enough spoilers to fly away ...but in fairness there is a top class of ricers oops " racers taking these cars to the limit ..but you got to wonder ..how much can the little 4 cylinder can take ?[thumb] [burnout]

Wadula said:
i assume that i pertsonally have the ability to see a car from the outside and be very often capable to jusge if it riced or real performance. good example are those cars with wing, stickers and fart can ( i love that word) but stand on 155/65 R 14 wheels. hello? this car will never ever be tuned and powered up enginewise. it would be waste and the potential tuner knows that.

for the bmw´s, he´s right. look at jimmy´s nightmare page. there aresome really hilarious mods. awefull.

but in general a mazda 626 with wing and chromes hubcaps on wintertires is not fast.
I agree with him...

Grandad: Didn't you read my long winded comment? I pretty much stated I respect those that really are modded properly.. but the truth is you see a lot of guys with pep boys parts.. and that's what they call performance.. I even mentioned my buddies with gorgeous mitsubishis... the turbo would blow me away, and the other guys would give me a run for my money.. but the chances are.. if you see a honda with multi colored, non painted, primer only parts.. chances are, if they can't afford to paint their car, they're not gonna have a turbo, supercharger, engine swap.. (-insert you choice of kickbutt mod-)

even my friend with the modded civic talks crap about other japanese cars.... with cheap wheels and generic parts... you might think he's betraying his own kind.. but he's not.. cause his car looks great and has high quality, model specific mods.. not generic stuff...

epj3

My friend has a 2nd generation dsm eclipse turbo. He does not want to do ANY physical mods until he gets it under 10 second 1/4's. When he does that, i will have respect for him and wont laugh if he puts neons on or something gay like that. Why? Becuase if he turns them on and someone laughs and tries to race, he'll win. But dont get me wrong, I absolutely HATE RICERS. [?|] [bmwkick]

I thought that you were leaving this board. Whatever.

Your friend will need about 800hp to get his car under 10 seconds so I wish you both luck.

Epj3 you don't even have a car do you? Why are you so critical of what others choose to do with theirs?

I am happy that he is still with us.

Second, not being a politician does not mean that you are not allowed to have a political opinion right?
Not having a girlfriend does not mean not to have the right to hanginh around with those guys who do right?

So why should not having a car mean not being allowed to have an opinion about cars????

That's a good point Wadula but those involved in politics will have the most informed opinions over those who have only a rudementary understanding.

I guess it's the blind, and i mean (as he is a non-owner) very blind, faith towards any brand is bothersome as a car enthusiast. How someone can love a brand so much without understanding-through-ownership is what detracts from his "opinion"

dude, i have to admit it is fun to discuss with you. honest word here!

according to your description i am a member of the blind family as well. I mever owned one, but onkly drove one once for like 10 minutes. that does not make me a knowing person about that car, but still i am one of the biggest fans on earth of that car. i am talking of Porsche 911 model 993.

for what concerns this thread, he has a clear opinion of where rice starts and where performance starts. So he has a very defined line of what to honor and what to laugh at. i think that is a quite important measurement.

btw, you got PM friend [thumb]

He said he was leaving, that's why.

Thanks for swearing, that's cool.

Thanks also for that useful information on post counts. You two like to equate post number with experience.

I could probably leave but why with all this good company and abounding car knowledge on here?

Junglestylz= BMW expert.

Wadula, That's one of my favorite cars as well, from a visual standpoint it's stunning. My friend has a 993TT. I only drove it once but it pulls very hard from 3000rpm on.

I also like the 930 but only when modified with a better exhaust does it come alive.

If rice stops at 10 second quarter mile times we're all ricers.

if rice stops at 10 seconds or 25 seconds is not the issue. the way you treat your car and show it off makes the difference. whatever

the 930 is a very hard to drive one. the rear tries funny things pretty quick. with the 964 they improved that but the 993 is really great. the 10 minutes impressed me that much. unbelievable.

i could have bought a '87 3.2 Carrera once....completly restored where needed and only with original parts. that car was so nice. not enough bucks and the US came in the way [V] . now the seller has '98 4S with mariani exhaust system...hell that car burns my cortex

AntiBimmer

TO BMW PEOPLE,

At least us "Ricers" don't buy our cars already fast. We put the time and energy and money into our cars to make them look nice or go fast. Granted some of them look like ass but at least its what they want. We dont spend $40 k on a vehicle and then pimp it like you actually put time into it, the engineers are the ones who put time and energy into it. You guys have nice cars i'll give you that but just because you have a nice car doesnt mean that you have any right to diss on other peoples cars and act like jerks. Its a car, its a lifestyle, its a decision that each of us have the right to make on our own. Think before you talk trash about other peoples cars. Most of the cars i see on your site are mostly stock and you think you have the right to talk shit about "ricers". You guys are as bad as Supra owners or other preformance vehicles in that respect. People hook up their rides how they want, leave it at that and stop talkin shit. Why not just appreciate the love for cars that each of us has instead of talkin trash? I know most of you wouldnt come up to someone at a show and tell them their car looks like ass...but you are upstanding citizens enough to do it online, thats really petty.

[werd]

antibimmer, first i have to admit that it is impressive what you wrote and of course there is truth in it. every body, each and every single individual, has the right to have his own opinion and proclaim it.
second i want to point out that we already came to the point what a ricer really is. we named it a car that is modified like hell, with parts that do not really fit in optical or whatever reasons, that fake to be fast....you read that part i assume. but the most important thing is that riced can be called every car. it is not solely connected to a japanese brand. but you have to admit that it is mostly japanese cars that are treated that way. so please, do not judge us on being blind for a brand, we laugh at riced bimmers just as much as riced civics or neons.

third, you were talking about love and passion and a chosen way of lifestyle. well take this picture not too serious but just as an exaggerated example. there is a guy who gets drunk everyday and runs around naked in the street. that is his lifestyle but do you like it? no! and you will talk and complain my friend....so are we....

[thumb]

AntiBimmer

I agree with you there is rice in every type of car category. Im not trying to argue here, merely put my point of view out there. The thing is...the fake to be fast thing..I get shit about my car because im going all looks...no go..well at least right now im just concerned with cosmetic...but It pisses me off that you cant look good without putting muscle behind it. You cant just make a car look good you know what i mean?

third, you were talking about love and passion and a chosen way of lifestyle. well take this picture not too serious but just as an exaggerated example. there is a guy who gets drunk everyday and runs around naked in the street. that is his lifestyle but do you like it? no! and you will talk and complain my friend....so are we....
Oh there is a difference between a lifestyle and an unhealthy habit. I agree with you. Thank you for being mature and actually discussing my point with me. I assumed that the first response I was going to get was "go away ricer" or some dumb shit. Thanks.

More than the Alpina category, sorry Hitman, we need a ricer category. Before the forum crashed I started a 4 + page thread (Casualties of the Ricer Wars) and there have been many threads before and after with the same topic, which I find a little boring.

It would be nice if we could put these discussions in a single place. That may reduce the amount of anti-ricer overspill that mucks up other topics.

As for the original topic, I think most people know where I stand. I am amused by some of the cosmetic modifications that I see, but I try to be restrained about it. My passions are far more aroused by someone with a badge-engineered car, i.e. a fake M3, fake Type-R, whatever, than someone who happens to put a large wing on a civic.

As I have said before, and will say again many times, I would like to see this board focus more on BMW's primary competitors, and for its members to learn to debate the merits of all marques without resorting to flame wars.

[fake] [;)]

antibimmer, thanks for calling me mature you damn rice-boy [joke] [thumb]

an unhealthy habit can still be a lifestyle. look at some of the wheat smokers outthere. they choose it and they live it. with clothes and style. it still is a lifestyle.

all show - no go is indeed a point. however there are certain tastes and they do not have to be compatible. for example a stock 3 series. lower it, put 17" on it and get the badge off. probably some tint and you have a slick and fast look. put an additional wing on it and an M3 badge, you are getting ridiculous immediatly. I think that i did not exporess clear enough that we are talking about riced cars and not optically advanced. a civic with some nice rims, an appropriate exhaust and an overall classy appearance will not be called rice. play the racer and add the spoiler along with stickers makes you just as stupid acting as the bimmer guy did in the example before. it all depends on the way the car is actually modded. if it is my taste pattern, fine with me.

furthermore the ricers are sure enough bashing at us for being as we are as well. i can imagine we are nosy, cocky, boring, have small penisses for what we buy a bimmer to compensate it, and so on. you know where i'm coming from.

at the end of the day we all know where we belong and want to belong. so why complain? if i am boring, so be it. but i am boring wioth style [thumb] [;)]

epj3

AntiBimmer said:
I agree with you there is rice in every type of car category. Im not trying to argue here, merely put my point of view out there. The thing is...the fake to be fast thing..I get shit about my car because im going all looks...no go..well at least right now im just concerned with cosmetic...but It pisses me off that you cant look good without putting muscle behind it. You cant just make a car look good you know what i mean?

Oh there is a difference between a lifestyle and an unhealthy habit. I agree with you. Thank you for being mature and actually discussing my point with me. I assumed that the first response I was going to get was "go away ricer" or some dumb shit. Thanks.
Although you did make a hypocritical statement

"...just because you have a nice car doesnt mean that you have any right to diss on other peoples cars..."
when your name IS antibimmer...

But the thing most people do not like about ricers is the attitude. You seem to be atleast semi-intelligent (all i can tell from only 2 posts) so I think you can probably understand. It's not really the look of the cars, the sound, or the power that people were against in the first place. It was the attitude that "Ricers" think their cars are faster, better, and nicer than others. It's the stories that the ricers make up (ie a civic owner who claims to beat a corvette/comaro/etc.). If you'll notice not everyone on this forum spends 40,000 on the car. I will be spending about 5,000 - 6,000 dollars when I go to buy a BMW. I KNOW the ricers at school will say something stupid like "Do you think you're rich?" or something like that -- when they spent that much for their car, and even more spent on mods to make it "faster" when really it only a little faster.

Someone who can turn a car that is normally slower (ie civic or something along those lines) and make it fast (Fast for REAL) then I would give them a thumbs up becuase they obvsiously know what they are doing. The comment that buying a car that is already fast is true SOMEWHAT, becuase like I said, I plan on spending around 5 - 6,000 for an early e36 325is...which will be faster than the 10,000 dollar civics around here. That would be fine and whatever, but the attitude that they think their car is faster is an ignorant assumption. I KNOW that with some decent moneys worth of modificiations any car can be made fast(er) and I do not have the attitude that I could race and beat everyone in a BMW. I am Not saying that all "ricers" do have that attitude, but then again, are they ricers if they dont have the attitude?

If you have ever seen those "Ricer BS week" videos, they are a very very VERY good example of why I do not like ricers. If you have not seen them, I will show them to you (i have them on my website, but not with public access so email me epj3@ptd.net if you want them).

You also have to remember BMW's and the cars ricers use are really different. Most bmw enthusiasts want the power, feel, and the luxury that comes with a bmw. A civic just does not have that. I think the people who "ricers" should be attacking are cars that they try to beat all the time, like the comaro and firebird owners (just an example) becuase they have the same "my car is the fastest in the world" attitude as do most ricers. If you have ever seen our old forum, you would see that most of us here appreciate the stock appearance which is what differs us from ricers. Just a simple opinion and way of seeing how stuff is. Most people here attack the people who put wings on their BMW's.

Please notice i am not trying to make fun of ricers or anything, I am just stating how I see and think about most ricers. Could you post some pictures of your car? I dont think people will flame you becuase You werent as much of a jerk as the 'stereotypical ricer.'

If you check this thread again then cool, sorry my reply was so long [:)] [:p]

epj3

I agree with wadula, and i mean, w/out the different tastes in cars, who would we race and come home to brag on the forums about [confused] [hihi] [:p]

It's all good, it just happens that the overall taste in cars here is stock/close to stock looks. And by the way, the REAL BMW enthusiasts (like those here) do not have the cocky richboy yuppy attitudes like some richy bmw owners you see on the road. I sure as hell am not buying a BMW for what people think about it/me. I was a huge DSM fan (eclipse, talon, laser, galant, etc.) and thought they were great for the cost, but the minute I rode in my friends 1988 325is, I was hooked. The overall feel of it was wonderful, and I pretty much gave up on the DSM's. My friend owns a 2nd generation eclipse turbo (gs? gsx? i dont remember!!) and that thing is VERY surprising. He does not want to do any exterior modifications as not to be stereotyped as a ricer. If he can make it fast enough, then he said he might consider exterior mods. And guess what, if his semi-econo car can be that fast, then who cares about the exterior (as long as he does not over-do it.)

By the way, the one thing I have always hated were the typical ricer exhausts. The BMW exhaust was like candy for my ears. I also hate the raspy sounding 80's comaro/firebird exhausts. I cant stand it when a 0 - 60 in 10 second honda civic makes more noise than my mom's 0 - 60 in 8.9 second minivan -- and they think they can pass me [rolleyes] *sigh*

But, like i said in my previous post, I know there are some fast "ricers" out there.