Definition of rice

achen said:
...and think he catches everybody's attention just because he's cool.
correction=he thinks he's cool, not he is cool. (what ever cool really is)
*The Icy Hot Stuntaz are just depressing, I'de like to tell myself that there are no people actually out there like that, but it's hard to believe that when you see a site like that one. For now I'll hope it's a joke and right some good'ol hatemail.

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
Now dont get me wrong I love my BMW.......BUT.....
not all so called "ricers" are modding their cars externally without modifying their engines, be it turbos, na, supercharged or whatever. Some of these cars are great cars! They may not have the prestige or high quality interiors of the BMW, MERCEDES, SAABS, OR VOLVOS, but the engines in these cars(Civcs in particular) are some of the best 4 cylinders and 6 cylinders ever made....(look at July's Car and Driver "Roadster Roundup"). So lets not bash ALL "ricers". I personally would love to own a Skyline Gt-R on top of my BMW or even an Evo VII. If that makes me a ricer lover then so be it!!!

scherrens

ricer does not equal.....nissan skyline gtr. why you ask? because ricers are kids who smoke way to much crack. instead of saving money for nice exhaust they run to auto zone and pick one out that looks cool. tape it on with muffler tape, have a glowing skull as a shift knob, 14 inch 5 spoke rims with all wheather tires, put "nawz" decals in there mirror, and believe the fast and furious cars really are fast and a civic is a 10 second car only if you are running a shogun bodykit with green lights.

epj3

adrean8j said:
Now dont get me wrong I love my BMW.......BUT.....
not all so called "ricers" are modding their cars externally without modifying their engines, be it turbos, na, supercharged or whatever. Some of these cars are great cars! They may not have the prestige or high quality interiors of the BMW, MERCEDES, SAABS, OR VOLVOS, but the engines in these cars(Civcs in particular) are some of the best 4 cylinders and 6 cylinders ever made....(look at July's Car and Driver "Roadster Roundup"). So lets not bash ALL "ricers". I personally would love to own a Skyline Gt-R on top of my BMW or even an Evo VII. If that makes me a ricer lover then so be it!!!

Car and driver is biased and companies get their fingers in the reviews...trust me.

[?|] [V] so I was peacefully driving in my beatifully freshly washed car today and I drive past a Prelude with TRD and SVT sticker/badges. I had to pull up and ask him about what he had modified and he spit a whole buncha nonsense about TRD exhaust and SVT body kit... while it was totally stock to me, of course with the exception of the stickers and badges. I said, oh really? I have an SVT body kit too! He says, "Oh...." and attempted to pull away from me but realized his car was slower than mollasses so he braked so I could pass him. THe story could go on but I'm wicked tired.

fran said:
[?|] [V] so I was peacefully driving in my beatifully freshly washed car today and I drive past a Prelude with TRD and SVT sticker/badges. I had to pull up and ask him about what he had modified and he spit a whole buncha nonsense about TRD exhaust and SVT body kit... while it was totally stock to me, of course with the exception of the stickers and badges. I said, oh really? I have an SVT body kit too! He says, "Oh...." and attempted to pull away from me but realized his car was slower than mollasses so he braked so I could pass him. THe story could go on but I'm wicked tired.
Please... go on... heheh

SVT is Ford right? SRT is Dodge? Or vice versa? Or not at all? Maybe I'm smoking crack too... [?|]

ANd I agree up above about the Skyline and Evo.. we're bashing japanese cars that are show and "fake" go... or me in particular.. acuras with "Powered By Acura" stickers on the windshield.. to me I bash the people who put "wrong" parts on their cars.. i.e. the sticker mentioned above.. there's no such thing as acura except in the US.. in other countries it's a Honda "Integra".. not sure if t hey call it the same thing or not.. also.. seeing people put bmw, ferarri, corvette, etc etc bodykits on their miatas or civics.. etc... or like above.. SVT body parts on a japanese car?? wtf??

ANd believe me... there are riced out BMW's too. just take a look at jimmy's bmw nightmares page... we've even come across one at a "street" car show...

It's just every saturday there's a shopping plaza where all sorts of cars gather.. hundreds of em.. they range from riced out Nissan pickups with airbags to classic supercharged brushed aluminum finished Deloreans (spelling??)... and of course everyone has their group.. so us bmw guys hang out together..

But this one night some redneck just parks his car next to us.. we're like.. cool.. old 5'er.. then he starts blabbing about how fast his car is the second he sees us.. talks about all his mods.. his hp.. etc.. etc.. so a couple guys go and take a look at his car.. they come back without him and basically start laughing.. he's got pepboys "performance parts" in his car or something like that..

I guess it's more the person than the car that makes a ricer rice,.. and it gives "proper" car enthusiasts a bad name.. especially.. if I mention to people my car is modified.. they give me a dirty look and are thinking "rice".. I'm like.. no.. no no.. it's not what you're thinking... other than euro clears people can't even tell anythings been done to my car.. people can't even tell it's been dropped...

I know 2 guys with mitsubishis that look awesome.. one is running pretty much stock with a turbo.. quite the sleeper except for his intercooler smiling out the front.. and the other guy has done pretty much everything but a turbo.. but they're cars look great.. and on the flip side.. i was crossing the street and heard this blow off valve loud as heck.. I look up.. see this mitsubishi just starting to roll.. going like 5mph from the stop light.. and it's "blow off valve" has already released twice.. funny though.. he had no intercooler whatsover.. and his engine probably wasn't above 1.5-2k.. here we had a case of the fake blow off valve noise maker.. and of course I've got afriend with a modded civic.. with the exception of his altezza's.. looks good too.. he spent like $500 on his exhaust.. and it looks nothing like a typical fart can.. it resembles a stock IS300 exhaust.. it's loud.. but it's not that obnoxious fart can high pitched loud....

In short.. it's not rice if it's done properly.... fiberglass (with the exception of OEM style wings, mirrors.. basically parts that aren't on the bottom half of the car, prone to cracking and stick out 5 feet from the car) is a no no.. pepboys, autozone, and checker for "go mods" is a no no.. etc.. etc.. just my humble opinion.. buut it's really all subjective...

FOr all we know.. those "ricers" are on their boards calling us kraut rockets..(german for rice.. [;)] )

epj3

ACSTypeI said:
Please... go on... heheh

SVT is Ford right? SRT is Dodge? Or vice versa? Or not at all? Maybe I'm smoking crack too... [?|]

ANd I agree up above about the Skyline and Evo.. we're bashing japanese cars that are show and "fake" go... or me in particular.. acuras with "Powered By Acura" stickers on the windshield.. to me I bash the people who put "wrong" parts on their cars.. i.e. the sticker mentioned above.. there's no such thing as acura except in the US.. in other countries it's a Honda "Integra".. not sure if t hey call it the same thing or not.. also.. seeing people put bmw, ferarri, corvette, etc etc bodykits on their miatas or civics.. etc... or like above.. SVT body parts on a japanese car?? wtf??

ANd believe me... there are riced out BMW's too. just take a look at jimmy's bmw nightmares page... we've even come across one at a "street" car show...

It's just every saturday there's a shopping plaza where all sorts of cars gather.. hundreds of em.. they range from riced out Nissan pickups with airbags to classic supercharged brushed aluminum finished Deloreans (spelling??)... and of course everyone has their group.. so us bmw guys hang out together..

But this one night some redneck just parks his car next to us.. we're like.. cool.. old 5'er.. then he starts blabbing about how fast his car is the second he sees us.. talks about all his mods.. his hp.. etc.. etc.. so a couple guys go and take a look at his car.. they come back without him and basically start laughing.. he's got pepboys "performance parts" in his car or something like that..

I guess it's more the person than the car that makes a ricer rice,.. and it gives "proper" car enthusiasts a bad name.. especially.. if I mention to people my car is modified.. they give me a dirty look and are thinking "rice".. I'm like.. no.. no no.. it's not what you're thinking... other than euro clears people can't even tell anythings been done to my car.. people can't even tell it's been dropped...

I know 2 guys with mitsubishis that look awesome.. one is running pretty much stock with a turbo.. quite the sleeper except for his intercooler smiling out the front.. and the other guy has done pretty much everything but a turbo.. but they're cars look great.. and on the flip side.. i was crossing the street and heard this blow off valve loud as heck.. I look up.. see this mitsubishi just starting to roll.. going like 5mph from the stop light.. and it's "blow off valve" has already released twice.. funny though.. he had no intercooler whatsover.. and his engine probably wasn't above 1.5-2k.. here we had a case of the fake blow off valve noise maker.. and of course I've got afriend with a modded civic.. with the exception of his altezza's.. looks good too.. he spent like $500 on his exhaust.. and it looks nothing like a typical fart can.. it resembles a stock IS300 exhaust.. it's loud.. but it's not that obnoxious fart can high pitched loud....

In short.. it's not rice if it's done properly.... fiberglass (with the exception of OEM style wings, mirrors.. basically parts that aren't on the bottom half of the car, prone to cracking and stick out 5 feet from the car) is a no no.. pepboys, autozone, and checker for "go mods" is a no no.. etc.. etc.. just my humble opinion.. buut it's really all subjective...

FOr all we know.. those "ricers" are on their boards calling us kraut rockets..(german for rice.. [;)] )

thats too long to read. Could you please record it and send it as a 128kbs mp3 file to epj3@ptd.net [:p]

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
epj3 said:
thats too long to read. Could you please record it and send it as a 128kbs mp3 file to epj3@ptd.net [:p]
[rofl] [nutkick] [hah] [hah]
that was funny.....but he made some good points.
So I guess the final verdict on the real definition of a
"ricer" is:

"an individual who puts fake/"real looking" performance parts on "any" vehicle to make it look "cool" or faster. Also includes but is not limited to: wings, spoiler kits, stickers, and neon lights."

So now I think I got it.....I guess that means I can still dream about that Skyline or EVO VI I will never be able to get......sigh[:(]

MACE

grandad

I notice a lot of you are biased against so called "ricer" cars, I wonder if any of you actually think to talk to the owners of these cars to see if the engines are as tweeked as the bodys, in most cases you will find that they are. It is a shame that you are so judgmental about other peoples cars when your own are not all that special and to be honest rather bland and designed for the over 60,s

VANCE

they are one sided b/c you are on a BMW site..we try to enhance the performance of our cars in a non gawdy fashion..not who can put the largest, loudest fart can on the back of a civic with a tri-level wing ..if you want sympathy for the ricers go to a honda site

grandad

So what is classed as a "mod" for a bm then, wheel chair in the boot and piss stained seats LOL, I,ve seen bm,s that people have attempted to enhance the appereance and the cars look pretty pathetic, in fact even worse than in their normal guise.

fran

grandad said:
So what is classed as a "mod" for a bm then, wheel chair in the boot and piss stained seats LOL, I,ve seen bm,s that people have attempted to enhance the appereance and the cars look pretty pathetic, in fact even worse than in their normal guise.
I'm sorry, I don't understand your intention of insulting BMW's in a BMW forum [confused] Explain?