F1 teams back revolution

Culture_1

The Formula One teams have agreed to sweeping changes that will dramatically change the future face of Grand Prix racing.
The teams were in almost complete agreement over the "revolutionary proposals. One of those proposals includes using a single tyre manufacturer and smaller engines, there was a wide measure of agreement to reduce engine costs by 50%.

I expect more suspense with all those changes.

Culture

Culture_1 said:
The Formula One teams have agreed to sweeping changes that will dramatically change the future face of Grand Prix racing.
The teams were in almost complete agreement over the "revolutionary proposals. One of those proposals includes using a single tyre manufacturer and smaller engines, there was a wide measure of agreement to reduce engine costs by 50%.

I expect more suspense with all those changes.

Culture
Here's the transcript of the press briefing. Some of it (especially related to reducing costs) makes sense. Surprising though that the teams were behind it so strongly.

http://www.formula1.com/news/1511.html

i was watching speed channel news the other night and Steve Matchett (ex Renault engineer and Speed channel's F1 technical guru) thinks that the inside scoop on this is that the only reasons everyone has uninanimously agreed on this because Bernie is guaranteeing them double their current F1 TV money. Its just a rumour thoguh, who konws what goes on behind closed doors in F1?

I personally disagree to some of the changes that are being proposed, specially the one about having 2.4 litre V8s..... bleh

On a lighter note.... BAR is doing SOO much better this season, again fastest in spain practise sessions, will be interesting to compare the race pace b.w them and ferrari though i still ferrari to be atleast 5 tenths faster than the rest of the field!