anyone seen this before?

That's not a bad lookin' car. I don't like how it looks tall, though. It looks like it was stretched a little to make it taller. It just doesn't look stable to me. I'd have to drive one first, though.

That was a concept car; it is not going into production unless something very unexpected happens.

It is, however, an attempt to convey the design future of BMW, and in that respect is certainly troubling, indeed may be the source of the problem, for those who do not like the styling of the current crop of new models coming down the pike.

You can see the 'Z' of the Z4 (behind the front wheel wells) and also a hint of its rear, and the nose is where the rest of the line is heading. Hell, they just put a version of the fog-light design on the current 3er coupe.

I watched a 745i with 19s in traffic on the way home today. It has grown on me a lot (seeing a beautiful AC Schnitzer one early on helped quite a bit). I am not a fan of the dame edna eyebrows on the new 5, but otherwise fairly happy, if undecided. I like the old style BMWs a lot. The purists have always griped, but, for the most part, moved on and embraced the new for the different pleasures it offered.