Overly sensitive brake pedal

randyburg

Most people complain of not having enough grip from their brakes. But my M2 has an extremely touchy brake pedal. They grip much more aggressively than the gentle pressure that I apply to the pedal. Stopping is a conscious experience in trying not to jerk myself and passenger to a stop. Modulating the pedal is a chore as the difference in pressure between no braking and overly aggressive stopping is very slight. The dealer says all is fine. The coefficient of friction of the pads is GF, similar to a performance aftermarket pad like Porterfield. I think that the balance of the rotor size, master cylinder and size of caliper are mismatched for this pad compound. Is anyone else experiencing this annoyingly touchy brake pedal?

I remember reading somewhere that the M2 comes with a feature called Dynamic Brake Control that if you release the gas pedal too quickly it will cause the brakes to stop more aggressively.

randyburg

Thanks, Mike. I notice this with normal driving around town. Do you find that your M2 has a much more sensitive brake pedal than other vehicles you have or have had? Any other M2 owners with a normal or touchy brake pedal??

[MENTION=57]randyburg[/MENTION] my M2 is scheduled to arrive in April, the M4 that I test drove also had very aggressive brakes which is the same system the M2 shares with.

randyburg

Thanks- I'll have to learn to live with them, or get some aftermarket pads with a lower coefficient of friction to make it more drivable.
I am adding water injection, a tune and a downpipe to give the car more power. Check back with me once you get yours and I will let you know what I think of the mods.
Enjoy your new ride once it arrives!

randyburg

I needed to purchase a car before Dec 31st. I found nothing local, so I started checking around the country, The place where I found available M2's was California. Mine was shipped to Illinois from a dealership in Encinitas. I put it on an enclosed transport and had it in 10 days. The option package was fine, it had the dual clutch that I wanted, and the gray was one of my 2 choices. People were wanting 10K over sticker, and because of the time crunch, I gave 2K over sticker to get it by the end of 2016.

$2k isn't bad as long as it has all the options you wanted. I went through the same thing here with dealers wanting anywhere from $5k-10k over sticker. Luckily I found a dealer that allowed me to order one at MSRP, its just the waiting sucks.