Mods to my 633...

Dave8812

Pretty soon here im planning to do a major overhaul on my 1980 633csi. I dont know HOW soon but hopefully within the next 6 months. What are some suggestions for me to do to my engine. Im already thinking of simple things like air-intake, headers, exhaust etc. But i was wanting some ideas that are not TOO hard to do.

flashinthepan

Hey Dave,

You have one of the "Cool" 6-series cars. Before they went Japanese...lol !!...congrats !!

Do you have stringent air quality standards there ?, I was thinking of some aftermarket Carb mods, I had put a Webber on a older vehicle of mine and played with different size jets until I got it right....it made a very nice improvement- very noticable !. I am not sure that Webber is the best carb for your application, but you know what I mean.

Good luck on that nice lookin' ride !!
[burnout]

epj3

flashinthepan said:
Hey Dave,

You have one of the "Cool" 6-series cars. Before they went Japanese...lol !!...congrats !!

Do you have stringent air quality standards there ?, I was thinking of some aftermarket Carb mods, I had put a Webber on a older vehicle of mine and played with different size jets until I got it right....it made a very nice improvement- very noticable !. I am not sure that Webber is the best carb for your application, but you know what I mean.

Good luck on that nice lookin' ride !!
[burnout]
I think he's talking things to KEEP it running, not performance mods....

Dave8812

Well im kinda talking about both. At the time im doing things just to keep it running but here in a couple months im planning on doing performance mods. And yes it is the cool one. My avatar isnt my car though, just a similar one i found on some site. Ive been thinking a little about the carbs but not sure yet. In two years it will be a classic and im pretty sure that there is no air quality control stuff that is required anymore. But ill have to look into it to be sure...[driving]