Group Drive Invite

The-Winding-Road started out as a bunch of RX8 owners getting together for group drives every month. The last few months, however, we've enjoyed the company of several other makes and models of sports cars, and have even been outnumbered the last two months. We stick to winding side roads as much as possible and drive very spiritedly.

Our next drive is the Spring Carbon Cleaning on 29 April. We'll be snaking our way out to Pacific Beach, on the coast, and would love to see a few of you join us. All the details are available at The-Winding-Road

just fyi, the rx-8 club has reduced our meets around malibu/ pch- due to the severe increase in police presence there... there's been a lot of media coverage due to high profile accidents from the enzo & other exotic car crashes. and, those boneheads have basically ruined the fun of these runs for the rest of us... :(

1 Day left to sign up. The weather forecasts are showing sun for Sunday, so plan on BBQing. Remember, if you don't sign up, it'll be tough to gage how many people are coming, and food quantities may suffer.

A couple of other notes. We'll be meeting a W Bay Marina instead of W Bay Park. Someone noticed that the park isn't open yet. The Marina is a just a short way North on W Bay Dr. Also, the directions have been updated to include a stop at Schafer State Park for lunch.

A couple of last minute thoughts: If you have FRS/GMRS radios, please bring them. If not, don't sweat it. And as another member indicated, it's probably best to get any shopping you need to do done tonight. I just finished putting the map-books together and cleaning my grill, so now it's time for one more trip out to the store.

A few RX-8's are planning to meet in Renton at East Valley Cinema, right off 167/East Valley Hwy at 9:15, rolling at 9:30. I'm heading down a little earlier so I wont be at the Cinemas, but I hope to see lots of new faces tomorrow.