Crack in the windshield

damn....on tuesday i was driving to the airport to pick up my boss from germany. we drove the beltway when all of a sudden a huge BANG hit the car...nothing to see and no ditches in the paint....well lucky me i thought.
now, as it is thursday a huge crack starts going through the windshield. the stone did hit it right underneath the wipers, that's why i did not see it. not the crack is there....[?|] [?|] [?|] [:(] [:(]

The same thing sort of happened to me a couple monthes back. I was driving on a four lane road, when all of a sudden a Ford Tempo lost it's wheel cover, and it hit my drivers side fog light. When I got home it was completely shattered, so instead of paying $100.00 for a new one I just put some aftermarket lights on, doesn't look as good though.[:(]

Tom

Staff Team
Hehe...they got you driving around that little Focus[hihi] ? Driving to Bush International Airport sucks during prime traffic hours.

hey tom, that little focus took me more often to IAH than i have to all airports in total in my life i believe [rofl]., and i am the dumbass who always offers himself to take and pick up everybody. at least i can drive and see something else than the walls around me. well, 610, I-45 and Beltway 8 are not that interesting any more either [rofl] [rofl]

cea, no the crack started at the chip. i was looking if there is one after the bang, but as it was right underneath the wiper i just did not see it. now, that the crack runs through the glass and advances averyday, i assume it has to be replaced.

epj3

Heh that sucks, I was driving to virginia on the capitol beltway and i saw a truck loose its retreads right in front of me. I bet it would have sucked to run over them, or be hit by it [xx(]