Cadillac CTS-V

I just read an article in Automobile about the new CTS-V. This Caddy has the LS6 (400hp) engine and upgraded suspension. Automobile gave it a great review. I love Bimmers, but I have been waiting for an American car that can compete - is it finally here?

Tom

Staff Team
That CTS is a great start and its about time GM stepped up to the plate. I bet the interior will look terrible.

2004 CADILLAC CTS-V
Base price: $50,000 (est)
Vehicle layout: Front engine, rwd, 4-door, 5-pass
Engine: 5.7L/400-hp V-8, OHV, 2 valves/cyl
0-60 mph, sec 5.0 (est)
On sale in U.S. Early 2004

actually the new cadillac models look not that bad. the crossfire for example is pretty decent. very aggressive look. same with this lil fellow. the car looks aggressive.
concerning interiour, i have no idea about cadillacs at all.

i actually really like the look of the CTS...i even considered doing a one day test drive to check it out......i gotta agree with tom though, the interior is HIDEOUS

cea

"Car and Driver" gave it a good review too. Aparently, it lapped some famous track faster than the M3 & M5.

i just don't think a whole bunch of power and a poor quality interior is going to stake a real claim. i'm sure they've done some neat stuff with the car, but have you ever driven a cadillac? or a lincoln LS (also claimed to be more sporty than a bimmer) they f-in suck.

no unfortunately i never had the opportunity to drive one. although i really want to! any one already tried this CTS-V yet?

maybe it is comparable to VW. in general i don't like them, but some cars are just good stuff. I don't like the passat (interiour wise), the beetle (baaah), the phaeton (cheap feeling), and the latest golf (looks not good enough for me to like it)
But the bora is (over here it's the latest jetta) and the R32 Golf. U see, the car itself, revied independantly from the manufacturer can be something really fun. Why not that cadillac?

Abdoman said:
I just meant how the heck do you pronounce that?
Nur (rhymes with blur) burg (as in burger) and ring. Its named for the town where it's located, Nurburg, ring meaning track. There is at least one other track with a similar naming scheme, the Hungaroring, and likely others (something in Austria perhaps, or is that the Austria-Hungaroring?)

Austria - Salzburgring (City of Salzburg)
Germany - Nuerburgring (Nuerburg btw, is not a city but a castle)
Germany - Hockenheimring (City of Hockenheim)
Hungaria - Hungaroring (Named after the country)

The prononciation help is pretty good, respect [thumb]